Nurse Practitioner: Part-time, Miriam Medical Clinics, Inc
Our healthcare group is seeking an experienced Nurse Practitioner to join our Team, part-time.
This is a unique opportunity to join a primary care practice team dedicated to compassion, service and wholistic community care in treating patients confronted with unique health care challenges. Miriam Medical Clinics, Inc. is located in a culturally diverse area of Philadelphia, PA, in close proximity to Drexel University Medical Center, Temple University Health Sciences Campus and the University of Pennsylvania.
The successful candidate for this position will possess the sensitivity required to interact with patients often disenfranchised by the health care system. Growing with our patient-centered health care team affords the opportunity to make a significant difference in our patient’s lives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide medical care to adult patients with a focus on health promotion and disease prevention including but not limited to:
history and physical exams; diagnosis and treatment of medical problems; ordering and interpretation of diagnostic and laboratory tests; education and counseling of individuals, families, and groups; and completion of health care examinations.
Must have the following:
• 2+ years experience as a Nurse Practitioner in a clinic/ urgent care setting
• 1+ year experience in treatment and management of HIV and Anti-retroviral medications
Preferred but not required:
• Hepatitis C diagnostic, treatment, management experience
• Familiarity with national standards for Diabetic Self Management Education (DSME)
Required licenses or certifications:
• Master's Degree in Nursing required
• Current/valid APRN required